Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

10 1/2 Week Update

Sorry that there hasn’t been much on the blog lately. I have been spending my free time in full research mode. The last couple of weeks have been devoted to:
  1. Reading the “Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy” from cover to cover
  2. Researching baby furniture, bedding, clothing, safety items and more in my “Baby Bargains” book
  3. Researching Child Care options – I made great progress on this topic today when I was suppose to be working
  4. Designing baby rooms – I will write an entry soon and share a few of my ideas
  5. Sharing our exciting news with family, friends and anyone who will listen
  6. Reading "Your Baby's First Year Week by Week" - I still haven't gotten through the first week yet so I have a ways to go on this one

I am doing really well and I am happy to report that morning sickness has almost fully disappeared. My tired spells seem to be decreasing for the time being. I still feel like I am going to crash everyday at 3pm and I get exhausted after doing something simple like cooking dinner but at least I can stay awake past 8pm. Hopefully this newfound energy will hang around for a while.

We have enjoyed sharing our news with family and friends over the last couple of weeks. We still have a few people to tell but overall we have gotten the word out pretty quickly. Everyone has a different reaction and I have enjoyed getting to share our excitement. My favorite reactions so far have been:

Rhena (coworker) broke out into tears and said she felt like a proud aunt - very sweet

Max (coworker) spit coffee at me – I learned to make sure people swallow before sharing big news

Forrest (friend) gave me a high five – such a wonderful boy response

Anita (coworker) screamed and effectively communicated my news to the rest of the office

It really is fun to surprise people with the news. This baby has an amazing group of people eager to welcome it into the world. We feel so blessed to have some many wonderful friend to share this amazing experience with.

No comments: