Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Baby Gifts!

Sorry it has been a while since my last post. I am trying to keep up! I have spent the last week recovering from my mini-vacation down to Fairhope. It was so nice to get the opportunity to visit my parents. Even though we got to share our pregnancy news with my parents over Christmas, this was the first time we really got to talk baby and shop baby in person.

My parents were wonderful hosts! The fridge was filled with all my favorite items (fresh fruit and yummy almond cookies – thanks so much Mrs. Smith!), there were lots of fun surprises ready for me to open on arrival (more later), and my dad prepared lots of yummy home-cooked meals. As an added bonus, the weather couldn’t have been much nicer. Since it was Fairhope’s Arts and Crafts Festival, most of our time was spent walking around downtown enjoying the festival. We also visited a few baby and maternity stores downtown so I could show mom what I liked and didn’t like (I think I liked everything!).

As I said above, there were lots of gifts waiting for me when I got home. My mom had been very busy sewing lots of beautiful things for the baby. She had also done a little shopping too. It was really fun – these were my first baby gifts! Here are some of the fun baby items (sorry the picture quality isn’t great..it really doesn’t do the pretty items justice):

Little bunny bowl - like I use to have when I was little
Pretty little bib
Sweet sack handmade by mom (like a little sweater)
Detail on sack
Pretty handmade day gown (also made by mom)

This will probably be my last post until next week. I am going in for my BIG sonogram this Monday. If all goes well, I will know the gender of the baby the next time I post. I am so excited but also a little nervous. While my focus has been finding out the gender of the baby, there are also a lot of “tests” being performed by the technician. Above all we are hoping the technician gets lots of good readings and sees a very healthy baby!

No comments: