Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Sciatic Nerve is a Pain in the Butt!

The sciatic nerve is a large nerve that starts in the lower back and runs through the buttock and down the lower limb. It is the longest and largest single nerve in the body and mine really hurts! Evidently, the changes that occur to your body during pregnancy can put extra pressure on this nerve and cause a great deal of pain and there isn't much you can do about it. Oh joy!

After a week spent in pain, I decided to go to the doctor to confirm my own self diagnosis and make sure Harrison and I were in good health. The doctor gave to a full exam and we are doing fine. I am still in pain but I am taking it easy. I have been given several recommendations to try to reduce the pain but mostly I have to wait it out. Hopefully this will all pass soon.

No comments: