Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 28, 2008

36 Week Doctor's Appointment

Here's an update from my appointment today:

Got the results of the strep test back and it was negative (that is a good result). It wouldn’t have been an issue either way but it is nice to know that I don’t have to worry about getting antibiotics administered during labor. My blood pressure was good – this is a relief since I had a little bit of an issue with this last week. Glad to see that the spike I experience last week was just a temporary thing. (Note: I had an emergency doctor’s visit on Wednesday since I was feeling dizzy and my blood pressure had been really high when the nurse at work took it. By the time I got in to see the doctor my blood pressure had gone back down to normal.)


We did another internal this week and there has been some progress (1-2 cm dilated, 30% effaced). The doctor seemed pleased and said that we would definitely have an August baby. I don’t think that is much of a prediction since I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to have a baby this week. I guess I could have a September baby if I go a week late. I wasn’t sure if he was ruling that out but I can be hopeful that he will come on time.


Not much more to report. My weight seems to have leveled off. So far I have gained just about 25 lbs this pregnancy which I am pretty happy with. I am hopeful that my weight will stay about the same for the rest of the time.

My next appointment is scheduled for Monday. I am seeing a different doctor since my doctor will be out of town for the week. I don’t really mind seeing another doctor in the practice. There is a good chance that my doctor will not be available to deliver on the day I go in so this is a good opportunity to meet another doctor who will potentially be performing the delivery. There are a total of 10 doctors in my practice; I have met 6 of the doctors so far. The few that I haven't met, I have heard really good things about. While I would love it if my doctor could be there for the delivery, I feel pretty confident that I will be happy with any of the doctors that happen to be on call.

No comments: