Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 21, 2008

Getting Peed On...

Maybe it is the cold making our reflexes slower (yes, we all have the cold now) or maybe Harrison is getting faster but we have been peed on a lot this week. Actually I blame the new diapers. I thought I would save a little money and buy bargain diapers (Luvs) this week rather than our normal Pampers. The new diapers are a little smaller in size (even though the weight range and size is the same) and they are a little more complicated to open and put on quickly. This has resulted in a lot of little accidents this week. The other night I actually got peed on twice! You would think I would learn my lesson the first time?!?!

Pampers have been working great so why mess up a good thing? Normally I buy diapers in bulk but Harrison is on the verge of going up a size in diapers and Target didn't have a small container of size 2 Pampers. I thought this would be the perfect time to try the bargain brand. My first impression of Luvs is mixed.

Positives:
Really cheap
Cute illustration of dogs and cats (not really a quality factor but it makes me smile)
Blue tinting that turns bright when wet
Don't smell like pee when the diaper is really wet (after the morning nap)
No leaks so far even with super stinky diapers

Negatives:
Not as soft as Pampers
Feel plastic on the outside (makes me worry about diaper rash - we haven't had any with Pampers)
Doesn't seems to wick away wet as well (see diaper rash)
Smell more perfume-y than pampers
Not as roomy as Pampers (hard to get on a squirming little boy)
More complicated to open (results in baby boy sprinkler)


I think we will be sticking with Pampers for now. We have tried the Kirklands brand (sold at Cosco). Based on our very limited testing I think it is the best of the bargain brands. Once we get a Cosco membership we might switch over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We liked pampers, but then some friends got us hooked on seventh generation. We buy them through amazon (which you could buy any brand through amazon and save money) and they end up being cheaper with the subscription than buying pampers at target. Plus, they are magically delivered to our door every month.