Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 17, 2008

Harrison's First Cold

Poor baby boy is sick today. I guess we over did it this weekend. Last night I noticed that Harrison's nose was a little congested and his eyes looked a little watery. I was pretty worried when I put him down to sleep that we were going to have a long night but other than a short crying spell at 2am he slept really well. He sounds really pitiful but has been in pretty good spirits considering he probably doesn't understand what is happening to him. He hasn't had a fever so I think it is just a cold.

I have been trying to keep him as happy as possible. I gave him a nice warm bath earlier (I always enjoy that when I am sick) and have been keeping him wrapped up in soft cuddily blankets. We also went out tonight and got a humidifier for his room. We have been using saline spray and the aspirator. The latter does not help with the happiness factor but is a necessary evil.

Hopefully the little guy will start feeling better. I really hate seeing him like this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon baby Harrison! xxoo!

Anonymous said...

As long as he's not rolling all over his crib yet, you could prop one end of the mattress up w/ a rolled up blanket or towel.