Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pudding Painting

In a moment of insanity, I thought it might be fun to do a little pudding painting with Harrison. Despite a few little mistakes on my part (I forget sometimes how mobile Harrison is right now), Harrison had a blast!

From Week 38


While Harrison was napping I fixed some instant vanilla pudding. Once it was mixed I filled three baby food jars with pudding and then added red, blue and yellow food coloring to each jar.

From Week 38


I set up a little painting area outside. This would have been perfect for an older painter but I should have just taken the high chair outside for Harrison’s painting. That didn’t stop us from having fun though; it just made it hard to contain a crawling baby once he started getting bored.

From Week 38


Harrison loved the texture of the pudding and shrieked with delight when I put his hands into the little mounds of color. He quickly covered the Kraft paper and himself in a mixture of color.

From Week 38


I won’t hold my breath on art scholarships just yet but I was pretty impressed with his first masterpiece.

From Week 38


Clean up was actually pretty easy. I just put Harrison into the sink (clothes and all).

No comments: