Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 31, 2007

First Visit to the Doctor

Today was our first appointment with the doctor and everything went really well! Sam went with me for moral support - I feel so much more at ease having him there. I can't begin to describe what an enormous weight was lifted off our shoulders following this appointment. Dr. Austin said I looked great and felt our guess at timing was accurate. Right now we are looking at an August 23rd due date. I have been having a lot more problems with morning sickness recently which really made Dr. Austin happy. Funny that anyone would be celebrating morning sickness but he said that news alone was a really good sign that everything was progressing correctly. Because of the previous miscarriage, he suggested we do an early sonogram to see if we could see a heartbeat. Just a few minutes later we were seeing the baby’s heartbeat for the first time. In 29 years I have seen a lot of amazing things and have had my share of excitement but that little “thump thump thump” was one of the most exciting things I have ever seen. I think I was in tears almost instantly. The lab technician was one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met and really let us get a long look at “our little diamond” (that is what she called it). Then she made several copies of the picture so we could take them home. I know it isn’t much to look at but here is a first glimpse at baby Coverdale:


We are about to start getting ready to head out to celebrate the New Year with friends. Our friend Veronica is hosting a New Years Eve party at her house on Mud Island. Almost all of our Memphis friends will be there. It will be a little different ringing in the New Year without champagne but I think we have enough to celebrate without it! Happy New Year!

No comments: