Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Guess What?

Yippie! I am pregnant!

I am happy to announce that two pregnancy tests have confirmed that Sam and I are expecting. We are somewhat shocked that we will be welcoming a baby into the world. For those that do not know, I had a miscarriage back in October. That was a painful time in both of our lives but in the end it confirmed how much we wanted a child and how much we loved each other. We never expected to be pregnant again so soon. I guess I am lucky to be super fertile (Sam says we could be super heroes…that might be going a bit far). We definitely feel blessed!

We are heading down to Fairhope on Friday night for the Christmas holidays. I am really excited to go home and spend time with our family. We are trying to think of a clever way to tell our parents the happy news. I would love to wait until we had a doctor’s confirmation but I am far too excited about telling them face to face. It’s fun news to share over the phone but even better in person. I think we may incorporate Christmas into the mix…maybe a little gift to open or something like that.

The appointment with the doctor is scheduled for December 31st. I am nervous and excited all at once. Since it is a higher risk pregnancy, we should be able to do a sonogram sometime soon to try and hear a heartbeat. I would love it if we could do it during our checkup. It would be nice to have a good appointment and then ring in the New Year with good news. What a wonderful gift!

I hope you have enjoyed this first installment of the Coverdale Chronicles. I will try to keep this blog updated over the course of the pregnancy so that loved ones can stay up to date. I have enjoyed reading other friends stories and hope you will too.


No comments: