Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Telling and Receiving Good News

We had desserts with Amy and Matt Murphy last night and decided to share the news. Actually, Lilly shared our news by sporting a cute “Big Sister in Training” t-shirt. Here is a picture from the website...haven't gotten a chance to take a picture of Lilly wearing the shirt yet.

Sam and I felt that it would be good to have someone for me to confide in. Since Amy has been so supportive through these last few months and since her mom is an OBGYN nurse, it seemed like the best person to share our secret with. Once we have our doctor’s check up and we hear a heartbeat (a milestone I am really nervous about) we will share our news with a few more people. It is so hard not to tell everyone.

I received an exciting call from my mom this morning. One of our friends in Fairhope has just discovered that she is expecting a baby. We are only days apart! The conversations are so funny at this point because my mom is so excited but doesn’t know that she is about to receive similar news from me. I am sure she will be stunned. Funny how things happen :-)

No comments: