Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 14, 2008

Splish Splash

I have started water aerobics. My first class was on Friday and I went again this afternoon. What a treat! I think this is one of the few exercise programs I look forward to. Our YMCA recently put a large enclosure around our outdoor pool. It is surprisingly warm despite the really cold temperatures outside.

The class is available everyday except for Sunday so it shouldn't be too hard to go several times a week. They offer a shallow version and a deep version. I have been going to the shallow version so far since it is offered a little earlier in the evening but I am hoping to try the deep version soon. The ladies in the class are really nice - I am the youngest by far but I think the older ladies like having a young person around. I have almost instantly become friends with a sweet lady named Virginia. She even gave me a little hug after class and said she looked forward to seeing me on Wednesday. How sweet!

I am hoping that this will be an exercise program that I can continue well into my third trimester. The instructor we have had so far is certified in rehabilitation aerobics so I feel like I am in really good hands. One thing I know for sure is that I will be sleeping really well tonight.

No comments: