Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sweet Dreams???

According to "Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy," vivid dreams and nightmares are common during pregnancy. Boy are they right on!

Here is a brief sampling of some of the most disturbing vivid dreams I have had over the last month (I am hoping for a good dream sometime soon):
  • I am attacked by a coyote while walking on the farm at the home of one of my parent's friends. I plead for help from Mrs. Johnson and beg her to shoot the coyote with the gun she is holding but she refuses stating that they do not believe in killing defenseless animals. Mrs. Johnson was very amused by this story!
  • During my job as a convenient store clerk in a gas station, I am robbed at gun point and my car is stolen. I wake up just as I am running down the street in tears chasing after my car.
  • I attend a rooftop party with lots of friends. As I am leaving I look over to another roof and see one of my good friends drowning in a pool. We are able to rescue her but still the experience is quite traumatic.
  • I receive a phone call from an ex-boyfriend asking me to go to dinner. While I am out at dinner, Sam sees a news story saying that my ex is wanted for killing his significant other. In a panic he tries to contact me but is too late. His call arrives just as my ex reveals his desire to murder me. Luckily I wake up right at that moment as well.
  • The next dream started unlike others - with a positive twist. Sam and I win a raffle and receive a beautiful Victorian home. Sam goes out without me and buys a ton of furniture to fill the house. Unfortunately, I hate all of the furniture! I beg him to return the furniture but he refuses and continues to move the awful pieces into the house. I decide that I can't take any more and say that I will never live in the home. Sam and I decide that our marriage can't take the stress of the furniture and that we must separate. I am sure there are some physiologist that would have a field day with that one!
  • My most recent dream was the first to actually relate to pregnancy. Sam and I decided that we wanted to interview nannies. The first interview goes really well and we like the candidate. As she leaves another nanny arrives unannounced - we are a little confused but decide to interview her anyway. The interview is very strange and it is very clear that we will not be hiring this nanny. As the lady is leaving she blocks the door and insist on knowing if we will be hiring her. We say that we are sorry but that we think we have already identified our nanny. Since she didn't get the job, our nanny decides to rob us instead. She takes all of the contents of our living room in a matter of minutes. I think we have been watching the Memphis news a little too much!


I promise that I have been very happy over the last few months and I am not as disturbed as my dreams have been! Hope everyone else is having sweet dreams!

No comments: