Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 12, 2008

Back on my Feet Again

I think I have almost fully recovered from the sciatic nerve issues I was experiencing last week. After many hours spent in bed with a heating pad, lots of stretching and a few warm baths I can do most activities without grimacing in pain. I also switched my chair at work which I believe has helped tremendously. I still have back aches and I have this sneaking suspicion that I could do something simple like bend over to pick up a dropped item and be back where I started but I will take what I can get for now.

I learned a few things while spending a few days on bed rest:

  1. Bed rest sucks! (Sorry for the phrasing but there really is no other way to describe it.)
  2. There are at least 4 hours of pregnancy related shows on daytime cable television and they pull you in.
  3. No matter what you wear while on bed rest, you always feel like you have been in your pajamas by the end of the day and that another shower is needed
  4. It is nearly impossible to type while laying on your side.
  5. My dog is totally unloyal and would really prefer to have the bed to herself all day long.

Hopefully I will not have the joy of experiencing this again during my pregnancy!

No comments: