Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 12, 2008

Belly Time

I have had several requests for a belly shot over the last month. I guess it is only far to share that with you since it really is the only physical proof I can put on the blog to prove I am in fact pregnant and not just making all this up. I have to admit that I have been putting this off for quite some time. I don’t think it was totally intentional more just a matter of circumstances. I kept thinking I would put an outfit on and be like “damn, I look awesome today!” and would be moved to grab the camera and record that moment in history. Unfortunately, that hasn’t happened so you guys are going to have to settle for this:

I feel like I have been growing a lot over the last couple of weeks. I am pretty happy to have a belly. I have really struggled with the “do I look fat or pregnant?” debate and I am sure Sam has gotten tired of answering that question. I feel pretty confident that I look pregnant now especially since I have been asked by several strangers when I am due (which is a VERY gutsy question by the way). I think I look pretty good for 25 weeks and I guess that is all that really matters.

One additional note (or life lesson if you will), if you really want to make a pregnant person happy tell them they look great. I have observed that most pregnant don’t like being told they look small or that there is no way they are really x weeks pregnant because it makes them think you are telling them they aren’t healthy enough (I know we are crazy!). We can never be told too many times that we are glowing or that we look wonderful! By the way, that wasn’t a plug for compliments; I just thought I would share that info for all the other pregnant ladies out there :)

No comments: