Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sneaky Sneaky

Harrison is a good kicker. He likes to do somersaults in my stomach at all hours of the day and night. He likes jumping on my bladder and the occasional sharp kick to the pelvic bones. Other days he is up in my ribs tapping on my tummy like he is practicing for a future as a professional drummer.

Harrison does not like to kick when others are watching. He is sneaky - the ninja of kicking. Rumors of Harrison's excellent kicking skills have been met with eager response. Dear girlfriends cup their hands to my belly hoping to feel the sweet little tapping of baby kicks with no response. Harrison does not perform on command.

Sam and I are not immune to this treatment. We love watching my belly move with Harrison's movement. Many nights we will lay in bed watching my stomach for movement. Without fail, Harrison waits till we are distracted to put on the show - as if to punish us for our lack of devotion. As soon as our attention returns he is super still. No way will he cooperate!


Maybe this is a little preview of the stubbornness in our future. I can't imagine where he would be getting it from?!?!

No comments: