Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 18, 2008

39 Week (and FINAL) Doctor's Appointment Update

It's almost bittersweet. After all these weeks of going to the doctor, I had my last appointment this week. Everything went really well. My weight was good, blood pressure was great, and the baby's heartbeat was normal. Not much change in progress though so I was a little disappointed there. I guess Harrison has just gotten a little too comfy in his current position.

Because my due date is Saturday, they went ahead and scheduled me for an induction in the event that he doesn't come on time. They called the hospital and the best day turned out to be Monday. So we have an "eviction" date! If I make it until Monday, we will be heading to the hospital at 4am to have our baby.

I am still hopeful that he will come on his own and will probably be trying all the old wives tales between now and Monday to hurry him along but it is really exciting to know that we will most likely have a little baby in our arms by Tuesday morning!

Let the countdown begin!

No comments: