Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Stares

I am thoroughly amused by the reaction I get from other people.

I realize I look funny (I promise to post a picture soon!). At times, I feel a little like a weeble wobble figure when I move. As much as I try not to wobble back and forth there are moments where I really don’t have that much control over my movement. That being said, I never expected people to stare at me quite so much. I mean there are millions of pregnant people in the world everyday. Surely people have seen one before.


Nonetheless, on a daily basis I will walk up to people and they will look at me and then stare me up and down. There is something creepy about someone looking at your body in such a blatant way. I don’t really mind the people that look me up and down and then follow it with a sympathetic smile or some kind remark. The ones that really get to me are the ones that look at me like I am walking around with an incurable, highly contagious disease.

I feel like wearing a sign that says, “I know I am huge but I only have one week left and don’t worry, I don’t want my water to break in public anymore than you do!”

No comments: