Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 11, 2008

38 Week Appointment Update

Seems like all I do is go to doctor's appointment doesn't it? These weekly appointments are pretty funny. You get pretty friendly with the receptionist and the nursing staff - I will probably miss them when it is all said and done.

This appointment went well. My blood pressure was good and my weight stayed the same. This is shocking considering my lack of will power this week. I guess I just needed those extra calories :)

I seem to be in a holding pattern though. I thought I had several good contractions this weekend but I guess they weren't doing much. According to my doctor I was still 70% effaced and a full 2 cm dialated. At least there was a little progress - just not as much as I would have liked.

I asked the doctor if there was a point that they would start talking about inductions. He said that while there wasn't a hard rule for the practice, they typically don't like women to go more than a week past the due date. He said that we would discuss induction dates next Monday if something hadn't happened yet. So this time next week, if Harrison hasn't already made his debut, I will have a good idea of the latest possible date that I will be pregnant. I am very hopeful that I will be able to start labor on my own without the use of drugs but it is also nice to know that we will be discussing a back up plan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Liz,

The finish line is in sight. I am so excited and have been thinking about you and Sam a lot lately. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that Harrison makes a very smooth arrival sooner rather than later! Cheers to a happy and healthy baby and mom!