Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Big News

It's official! I am turning in my letter of resignation at work tomorrow. After a lot of discussion, Sam and I have decided that it will be best for me to take a few years off work. It was really hard making the decision to leave International Paper after seven years of climbing the corporate ladder but I know in the long run this is the best thing for me and my family.

I am going to return to work on Monday to clear out my desk and say goodbye (more like see ya later!) to all my coworkers.

I am a little nervous about not working. It is hard to imagine being unemployed - I always thought I would be a career mom. I worry about losing touch with the outside world. I really valued the interaction I had with all my coworkers. That being said, I do not have any regrets and I really look forward to all the quality time I am going to get to spend with my son and the new opportunities this will present!

No comments: