Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 29, 2008

Clean Bill of Health

I had my 6 week check up today. Hard to believe that 6 weeks have already past. I am still recovering in some ways but the doctor said I looked good and was healing nicely. They want me to stay on the anti-depression medication for 6 months. It seems like a long time but the doctor said that it will help me stay level. I know I want to stay on it for at least another month, I guess we will see how I feel after that time.

On a more humorous note I think it is it is funny how different my postpartum recovery time has been than what I thought it would be. By this point I really thought I would be working out and really focusing on getting back in shape. What a joke! The only exercising I have time to do is walking the stroller around the block several times a day to stop a crying baby. There is also I lot of baby bouncing going on too (great for the abs!). Despite all the nice meals we have been eating (+ dessert) and the lack of quality exercise, I was happy to see that I am getting much closer to my pre-pregnancy weight. I probably won't be able to fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans for a few more months but at least the weight is coming off.

Nothing else to report. Harrison took lots of naps today. I followed the "sleep when the baby sleeps rule" so I am feeling well rested. After all the naps, I have a feeling it will be a LONG night. I am hoping he will prove me wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of bouncing... Gretchen would start a crying fest every day around 4 or 5 when she was about 3 months old. We used my big exercise ball. Sat on it and bounced the baby a ton. I'm suprised that thing didn't give up and pop on us. Anyway, thought I would pass that along.