Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Smiles

Harrison started smiling about a week ago. At first it was a really rare event that required lots of effort (we had to tickle his lips or chin) but now he is smiling all the time. It is such a relief to see that he has a pleasant disposition. Trust me, those first few weeks when they are either screaming or sleeping you really start to worry that your baby is just plain crabby.

The first time Harrison smiled enough to know it wasn't gas was about a week ago. We were laying in our bed and I was singing to him and baby talking. His nose scrunched up and he gave me a huge gummy grin. I think I immediately teared up...it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen! Since that day he smiles a little bit more and more each day. We even get a few laughs when he gets really worked up.

It is really hard catching the smile on camera. This is the closest we have gotten. He loves this toy (a gift from Sam's mom) and smiles a lot when we shake it in front of him.

From Week 6

No comments: