Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Grown Up Night

Sam and I went out on our first adult outing since Harrison was born. Our friend Matt was celebrating his birthday so we went over to his house for a party. Other than my morning at work, this was the longest that I had ever been away from Harrison. My mom was still in town visiting so I knew he was in good hands but it is still hard leaving your baby behind. That being said, it felt really good to get out and visit with friends.

After getting a beer and greeting all the other guest I did what any new mom would do - found another new mom to talk about babies with. I think it only took us 15 minutes before we were on the computer sharing the latest pictures of our little ones. We also set up a "playdate" on Tuesday. I am sure the childless people at the party were laughing at us and I don't really blame them. This time last year I probably would have been laughing at me too. You truly do not understand what it is like until you have one of your own.

We stayed at the party until 9:30 then headed home (we are party animals!). It was nice to spend time with friends but it was also nice to come home to our sweet baby boy!

No comments: