Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sleeping Arrangements

Harrison slept in his crib last night for the first time. Up until last night he had been sleeping in a moses basket in our room. Since he was starting to sleep longer at night and since he was starting to look a little big for his moses basket we decided it was time for him to graduate to his own room.

Harrison did really well and slept like normal. The baby monitor was another story. At one point the battery indicator went off so we plugged it into the wall. Throughout the night it continued to make mysterious noises. We still aren't exactly sure what caused all the crazy buzzes and beeps but my guess is interference. There are multiple channels so I guess we will have to play around with the settings.

The monitor hardly seems neccessary since Harrison's bedroom is right across the hall from us. That combined with his amazing lung power makes me think that we wouldn't have any trouble hearing him should he wake up in the night.

My biggest problem is hearing phantom baby cries. I have heard other moms talk about this in the past but I didn't really understand it until recently. Harrison often naps in his room during the day. Since our house is small, I can easily hear him from our den. At least once a day I will turn off the TV volume because I swear that I hear him crying. Nine times out of ten Harrison will be sleeping peacefully. These imaginary cries can make you a little crazy especially when they wake you up from a peaceful night's sleep. My mom says that these kind of things never stop and I really feel bad about all those late nights I probably kept her up worrying when I was out on the town.

Harrison is sleeping peacefully in his crib as I type this so I am off to my bed for (hopefully) a nice long (I am praying for 6 hours) sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still use a monitor to this day b/c if I don't I will think I'm hearing cries in the middle of the night. I need to be able to look at the monitor and see that it's in my head so I can go right back to sleep.