Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Play Date

Harrison had his first play date and I am happy to report that he did really well. We went over to one of our new friend Anu's house. She has a 17 week old little girl named Arya. Ayra is a sweet petite little girl and our little 7 week old is just about the same size as she is. It is pretty funny to see our little one next to a baby that is 10 weeks more developed and mature.

Obviously the play date was more for the grown ups than for the babies but I think we all enjoyed ourselves. Harrison seemed to enjoy the new surroundings and had lots of fun playing with Arya's toys. I really enjoyed seeing Ayra and how much she was already doing. It really makes me look forward to seeing Harrison at that age. I also really enjoyed comparing mommy notes with another mother. It definitely helps to talk about things with someone else that is going through the same experience.

I think we are going to try to have play dates on a regular basis. Even if the babies are a little too young to really appreciate them, I think they do the adults a lot of good.

No comments: