Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Date Night

Sam's parents were visiting this weekend so we took advantage of the free babysitting service and went out on a date. We had a really nice date. First we stopped by happy hour at Newby's to visit with Amy and Murph. It was so nice to share an icy cold beer with friends (thanks for treating us guys!). After drinks we headed over to Pacific Rim for sushi. I have been craving sushi since before I was pregnant so I was pretty excited. Pacific Rim didn't disappoint - we really enjoyed our meal.

It is really funny how much Sam and I had to talk about over dinner. I don't think we have talked so much to each other since we first started dating (ironically we went to Pacific Rim on our first date). I don't think we realized how little we have talked in the last 6 weeks. Between tending to a crying baby, feeding a hungry baby and playing with the baby I admit that I probably haven't been the easiest person to carry on a conversation with. When you combine that with the revolving door of house guests (which we have really appreciated and enjoyed) and alternating sleep schedules, there hasn't been a lot of time for quality conversation. It was really nice to take some time just to focus on us.

We headed home around 9:00. I was pleasantly full and a little tipsy from my glass of wine with dinner. It was really nice to just be a couple for a few hours and to have a little break from being parents. It was also really nice coming home to our little baby. When we got home it was really hard not to rush right to Harrison and squeeze him. I used a little will power and waited about 5 minutes to rush over to him and squeeze him. :-)

No comments: