Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Mardi Gras!

Harrison went to his first Mardi Gras parade on Friday night. Fairhope has several Mardi Gras parades. We attended the Maids of Jubilee parade - those ladies sure know how to have a good time!

From Week 25

My parent's house is just a few blocks from the parade route so we bundled Harrison up and loaded him up in the stroller. After a short walk, we found a family friendly spot to watch the parade.

From Week 25

Earlier in the day we walked around town and my dad bought Harrison a light toy at the toy store. This was perfect entertainment as we waited for the parade to arrive.

From Week 25

I wasn't sure what Harrison would think about the parade. I sort of expected him to cry when he heard the loud sirens and bands. I never expected him to be so excited. He LOVED everything about Mardi Gras. He kicked his feet and jumped up and down as the bands marched by and he really loved all the bright lights on the floats.

From Week 25

I have been to a lot of parades but this was the most fun I have ever had at a parade! It was so much fun seeing the excitement in my little boy's eyes.

From Week 25

What a wonderful first Mardi Gras!

From Week 25

No comments: