Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 20, 2009

A Very Successful Trip

Harrison and I departed Memphis at 12 on Wednesday afternoon and arrived in Fairhope at about 7:45pm. The journey started out really well. Harrison played quietly as we left Memphis and headed into Mississippi. Shortly after entering Mississippi I noticed that Harrison was being really quiet. I don't know how I got so lucky but Harrison slept all the way to Jackson (3 hours out of Memphis). We stopped for a little break outside of Jackson. I needed to stretch my legs and I know Harrison was probably tired of his car seat. After our little break I gave Harrison his Podee bottle. This little bottle really is a lifesaver for a traveling baby. It allowed Harrison to feed himself while I was driving. After he finished his bottle we stopped for a quick burp break then headed towards Hattisburg. He made it past Hattisburg and about half-way to Mobile before he started getting fussy. The last hour of our trip was filled with fussing and took a little longer than I would have liked since we had to stop several times for comforting. I think we both were really happy to pull into my parents driveway.

Harrison immediately turned on the charm when he saw his grandparents. I thought he was going to fall right to sleep after the long drive but he got a sudden burst of energy when he saw my parents. I am sure he was excited to have so much attention after 7+ hours without much interaction.

I hope our return trip will be as peaceful. I definitely feel more confident about traveling after our trip down.

No comments: