Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Doctor's Appointment Update

I forgot to post an update about my last doctor's appointment. I guess that is what happens when you get good news. You forget about it...funny how the bad stuff is so much easier to dwell on.

Anyway, appointments these days are pretty routine. Here's the routine:
Walk back to the nurses station while making small talk (entertaining)
Get blood pressure taken (perfect)
Go to the bathroom and pee in a cup (results good)
Get on scale (only gained a pound but I think my last weight taken was too high so it evens out)
Sit on exam table and wait for doctor (yawn)
Doctor comes in and reads file (always curious if he can remember us without the files)
Doctor pulls out a tape measure and measures my belly (measured right about 30 weeks)
Doctor ask about Harrison's movement (yup)
Doctor asks if there are any problems or questions (not really)
Doctor schedules next appointment (in TWO weeks - wow it's already that time!)

We also went over the results of my blood work. I passed the gestational diabetes test. Yeah!!!! I am so happy I don't have to go do the 3 hour test and even more excited that I don't have gestational diabetes. The doctor did say that my result showed that I was mildly anemic. Anemia is very common during pregnancy so he wasn't overly concerned. He just reminded me to be extra careful about taking my prenatal vitamins and to watch for additional signs of anemia. I may have to start taking additional iron supplements (yuck) but hopefully I can regulate it naturally.

So that is my health report for everyone who is interested. Harrison and I are doing great!

No comments: