Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Bags are Packed, I’m Ready to Go…

I have finished the chore of gathering supplies and packing my bags for the hospital. The hospital provided a detailed list of items to pack in our child birth class. I have also asked around for suggestions from other people. I am sure I have more than I need but I figure it is better to be over prepared.

In case you want to know, the one item everyone has said that I can’t survive without is chapstick. When it is all said and done I will try to remember to let you know what I needed, what I didn’t, and what I couldn’t live without. Until then, here is my pack list (feel free to offer suggestions):

For me:
Socks

Nightgown
Change of clothes to wear home
Flip Flops

Nursing Bras

Nursing pads

Maxi pads
Black Yoga Pants
Grey Nursing Tank
Chapstick
Toothbrush / Toothpaste
Shampoo / Conditioner / Soap
Deodorant
Hair tie
Brush
Hairdryer
Cosmetic Bag
Small mirror for makeup
Lotion
Earplugs
Glasses/contact lens/case/solution
Pillow - with bright pillow case
Hard Candy / Mints
Camera/charger/upload cord
IPod/charger
Magazine or Book
Notebook and pen
Phone List

For Harrison:
2 Day Gowns (for hospital picture and/or ride home)
Knit sleep gown & hat (just in case)
Receiving Blanket
Knit Blanket
Car Seat
Boppy Pillow

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hi, Liz!! This is Shannon Carraway. I'm a friend of Ashley Gann's (Well, Chodorowski now!) She forwarded me the link to your blog because we are actually due within a couple of days of each other. I have truly enjoyed reading through your posts! You guys will make such wonderful parents, Harrison is so lucky :) Good luck in the rest of your pregnancy. I am being induced on Thursday- maybe our little boys will have the same birthdays! Take care and I can't wait to read about your first days/weeks with you precious little boy. Little boys are too much fun- this is boy #3 for us :)