Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend and Doctor's Appointment Updates

We enjoyed our relaxing weekend. I think this is the first time in months that we haven’t had anything to do. Let me quantify that by saying that we still stayed pleasantly busy for having "nothing" to do.

Friday we stopped
by happy hour at Brookhaven to visit with friends then Sam and I went out to get a Huey’s burger. I very rarely want to go out to get burgers so when I suggested it Sam jumped at the chance. The burger was really good (THE best place in Memphis to get a Burger) and definitely fulfilled a craving! Saturday we had a nice long nap in the middle of the day (we have been told to enjoy this while we can) then we headed over to a friend’s house to hang out in the pool. That is the only way to survive the 100+ temperatures we have been having. It felt so good to spend the afternoon floating around! Sunday we went to church and lunch with our Sunday school class. After lunch we ran a few errands and then headed home for a relaxing afternoon. I think it was a weekend well spent!

My doctor’s appointment this morning went really well. My blood pressure was great (100/60). It is amazing what a stress free weekend will do to your blood pressure. My weight has stayed the same which is surprising after the burger and some of the snacking this weekend (I had a little chocolate attack on Saturday - peanut butter M&M's were my downfall!). The doctor was not my regular doctor but I really liked him. He was very friendly and spent a good bit of time talking to me about my progress and any questions I could think to ask. I seem to be progressing along nicely (1-2 cm dilated, 70% effaced). Hopefully things will continue to go smoothly!

No comments: